Thursday, June 2, 2016

Cow Adopts Calf After Losing Her's

I would like you to meet Texas and her new baby Poo 2. So I bet your wondering what happen to Poo 1. I will spare you the gory details about the coyotes getting it and ripping it apart, alive, at two weeks old.  I couldn't really give the play by play,  because I didn't see it first hand. Only found the aftermath.

So now I'm betting, you would like to know how there is a Poo 2. Well her story is not all that interesting, simply put her moma was too old. If I would have let her try to care for little Poo 2, she would have died trying.

So just like on Farmers Only, we got a match... Texas and Poo 2. It takes a little more work than a online dating profile or just putting them in a small pen to let nature do it's thing.  You must help the bond along. 

Like a redneck shotgun wedding, it takes some effort. I let Poo 2 have a day away from her moma but before bed I gave her pint of milk replacer from a bottle.  The next morning fed Texas in the chute area some tasty grain product. While she got her smack on, I gave Poo 2 a cup of milk replacer from a bottle. Then showed her Texas' milky factory or we in the buzz like to say "her bag. "

Ding ding, we have a match. Poo 2 grabbed hold of an utter nursed it down and went to the next.  I love happy endings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

-There are some good advice on caring for a calf in this web site, but always refer to your veterinarian for proper treatment of sick animals. Some home remedies work, but veterinarians know best, and can save you money and heartache with exact treatment For this sites Terms and Conditions click here.